Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Greetings from New York

Hi all

Nadia here. What? Yes, yes, I have emerged from the depths of a new and busy semester at fashion school to update you all on La Caravane Boheme from the Big Apple perspective. I know what you're thinking. Nobody from New York actually calls it the Big Apple. But that's just how we roll aboard La Caravane (get it? Roll? Because caravans...have...wheels?).

I hope our friends in the Northeast part of the country are staying cozy and warm as this blizzard rolls through. You have to admit, the snow covering the rooftops is a beautiful sight - when you're sitting under a nice fluffy comforter and looking out the window at it. I was doing just that this morning when I noticed that the weather outside had joined me indoors. Check out that ice inside my apartment window! It's a good thing La Caravane is an online shop, and you can go vintaging while snuggled under said fluffy comforter, isn't it?

With Beatrice back from her adventures in Italy, expect some new gems to pop up in our Etsy shop! Rumor has it she has some (gasp!) accessories to add to our collection, as well as a few other items to start filling up those pesky empty categories.

As for me, I'll soon be turning those "coming soon" items, like our 60s silver space-age dress and this adorable 70s homemade pinafore dress into real listings. So keep checking back for those and much more!



I also just came across this gorgeous 60s floral mod dress. One problem though--it's sleeves seem to have run away! I'll be putting my seamstress skills to use to renew this beauty; whether its sleeves will find their way home or if we'll find a brand new look for this dress is still up in the air.



Check back soon for a behind-the-scenes look at some of our finds' vintage stories.

Keep vintaging!

No comments:

Post a Comment