Monday, May 10, 2010

Why Nadia Rocks

Hey Guys and Gals,

It's Beatrice, and I'd like to take a minute to congratulate the other half of La Caravane Bohème, Nadia. As you all know, she's a Fashion Design major at FIT in NYC, otherwise known as the pit in which my dear friend disappears into for two semesters a year. She is nearing the end of yet another year, and as part of her bribe to actually get to summer, she had to design a dress inspired by Valentino and make it into her school's year-end fashion event. 

Now, we've always known what an amazing artist, designer, and creative mind Nadia is so I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that she was going to make it into the show. I mean, look at it! It's a work of art. The beautiful red fabric, the special care with which she applied the lace, the design of it overall. It's gorgeous! And of course, she made it into the show, much to her own surprise. Oh, the modest girl she is. That's why she has me, to be her immodest and boastful alter-ego.


What's more, not only did she make it into the show, but she won the sought-after Critic's Award! The critic, seen right posing with Nadia, chose her as best of her class. I just can't express how happy and how proud I am of her. Nadia truly deserves a round of applause from all of us!

Whoo hoo, Nadia!!

Happy Vintaging!

Beatrice

2 comments:

  1. Applause sent from your hometown! Way to go Nadia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Nadia! And well deserved I might add. That dress is a knock out!!

    Cheers!
    Julie
    Julie Magers Soulen Photography

    ReplyDelete