Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nadia Does Chicago Vintaging

Hello Vintagers

Nadia here reporting from the still Hot and Muggy City, Chee-cago. Why, you may be wondering, have I posted not one, but two blogs in a row? How very unlike me, no?

Well, as you know, my semester has ended (and I am waiting anxiously for the last of my grades...), and thus I have much more time on my hands to dedicate to my love of vintage fashion. However, more importantly, or at least more excitingly, the reins of La Caravane Bohème's PR wagon have fallen to me because our lovely Beatrice is currently en route to China. Yes, China. The real one. She'll be there for just a few days (sadly for her, happily for me. We miss her already stateside!) and hopefully she will bring back some fabulous vintage items for us to get our hands on. Or at the very least she'll have hundreds of pretty pictures for us.

In the meanwhile, I've been cruising the wild streets of Chicago's northwest suburbs hitting vintage hotspots and garage and estate sales, and today was a pretty successful day.

Check me out. Cruisin'. Cruisin' just can't happen without my aviators.

By the way, doesn't the weather just look lovely out there...?

What I'm really doing here is trying to make it obvious to any passing police officer that I am NOT TEXTING with my iPhone, as I've come to learn that you can get pulled over for just about anything here. Do I sound bitter? I'm not. Although, I suppose snapping a picture of myself and using the excuse "Sorry, officer, it's for my blog!" isn't really a lesser offense.

My phone did come in handy again today though when I used a combination of my GPS app and some scrawled signs to find my way to an amazing estate sale where I found these deadstock sailor-style jeans. In terms of vintage, a deadstock item is one that has never been worn, and often even still has the tags attached, as these faaabulous jeans do!

They're a little teeny (26" waist!) so as soon as Beatrice gets back from her Far East adventures we'll get these babies modeled and listed for you guys.

Among other finds, I also found this adorable hounds tooth hat, which will be up on Etsy tomorrow morning.


A busy day, vintagers, but I still had time to make lasagna. I just had to take a second to brag about that. My first time!

Keep Vintaging!

-Nadia

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog via (never home)maker's blogroll. Those sailor shorts are simply fantastic! I went on a little vintage hunt this weekend too (at a local flea market)...hoping to get around to posting up some pix later this weekend.

    Happy Monday to you!

    Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete