Monday, November 22, 2010

Winter Party Season - Just Party!

The holidays are coming on fast. Like, so fast, I'm already cooking Thanksgiving dinner and I don't realize it. Have you noticed that Thanksgiving is in... three days? I'm not counting today, Monday, because it's nearly the end of it and I'm wondering about my apple sage dressing already. 

I like to call this time of the year "The Official Winter Party Season." It's the time where you see all these pretty velvet cocktail dresses in lush jewel tones dotting the department store racks. Apparently, the cold winter months mean that we must congregate at a friend's house and eat hor d'oeurves and sip wine like it's our last party featuring hor d'eourves and wine. I've got no issue with that. The only issue I have is that, er, my friends are a close-knit group and they are going to get mighty sick of me showing up in the same purple cocktail dress every weekend.

I'm sure most of you are in the same boat as me. So... this Lanz Originals black velvet mini with a plunging back and a pretty bow might be perfect for this weekend's "After-Thanksgiving, Thank God Our Extended Family, Especially Aunt Mary, Has Left" party. I very nearly almost kept this little cutie to myself but had to remind myself, constantly, that I already had a pretty black velvet mini in my closet and she was sure to be very jealous of dear Gala.

But then, you know. There may be a party at your WASP-y in-laws that require something sleek and simple. Plunging necklines are out and well... minis' would probably get you an involuntary annulment for sure. The only perk is that they have that fantastic Sangiovese that runs for about $60 a pop and hey, you married the guy, so drink the wine! Bianca would serve your purpose well. Modest yet you can wear it with a sly smile that you could very well channel Bianca Jagger in all her white horse glory when Miss Blonde Mom-In-Law isn't paying attention.

Oh screw it, you know your bestie boy who likes boys is throwing a stunning, disco-ball lighted dance party complete with proscuitto-wrapped figs, champagne, and a decree that one must wear black and shine like they mean it. Bianca is perfect for the WASPs, but Roxanna is when you need to throw down and give it your all. Sparkle, shine, shimmer in all your glory. Glory! This was another one I had to physically pry out of my own hands. My excuse, it didn't fit me as well as I needed it to and well, I'm terrified of tailors.


I digress; but here's a few more lovely pieces waiting to find a home in the shop that is perfect for "Winter Party Season." Party on, girls, party hard, party pretty, and have fun, girls. Your credit card bill will sober you up in no time next year, but that's next year. This year, party on!


Happy Vintaging!

Beatrice

Find all of these and more at: http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/LaCaravaneBoheme

No comments:

Post a Comment