Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Break...New Listings, Vacation, and... Snow?!

Hello vintagers,

Nadia here. Well, those of you on the east coast may be aware of the fact that we are six days into spring and it is...snowing. Yes, snowing. So that's just lovely.

On a brighter note, today marks the official first day of my spring break! So I took the opportunity to take an item or two out of our "coming soon" album and turn them into listings on our Etsy shop. Check it out!

So what do I plan to do with my new found time off? Expect more listings to come - lots more. I've been searching every spare second this semester for goodies to bring to La Caravane, and I have a few surprises in store for our fans and shoppers this week.
And, I know I say it all the time but let's give a hand to Beatrice for manning the reigns here at La Caravane during this busy time for me at school. Isn't she great? And too cute in our new slip just listed on Etsy.

I've been getting a lot of questions from our fashionista fans at La Caravane at just what I've been up to between my sporadic appearances on our blog, Facebook page and Etsy shop. I thought I'd give you a rundown on that as well. Basically, this semester at my fashion school is a pretty big deal. We've been given a prompt: to design a gown, evening dress, or sportswear inspired by the great couture designer, Valentino. In true Valentino spirit, the theme is "Simply Red" and I've decided to take a younger, glam-punk approach to the whole thing and I am making a cocktail dress. You can see what it looks like, so far. It all culminates with a big show at the end of the semester - wish me luck on getting in!

Expect to hear from me a lot this week, vintagers! Au revoir!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment