Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vintage Baubles!

Vintage clothes, vintage clothes, vintage clothes everywhere; and not a single sparkle of glitter in sight. Well, that absolutely has to change. Bring me shine! Bring me light! Bring me the glory that is vintage jewelry!

All of this yearning began when I discovered that I had an absolutely unique pearl tie. Yes, a pearl tie. It is fabulosity incarnate for the pretty, yet edgy set. It only needs a minor adjustment so be prepared to discover this gem with a lush, opulent chiffon ribbon neckpiece with which you can tie a darling bow. Just one question though, would you want to tie the bow in the front, set atop the "knot" of the tie for a dash of feminity, or would you rather relegate the bow to the back, as a sweet surprise for those who see you lift your hair? Please answer, please do, I need to know! Comment at the bottom, s'il vous plait!

As most of you know, I, Beatrice, also make jewelry out of vintage wares. So I must tell you the amount of gorgeous vintage jewelry I come across. Most of them become dismantled, given new life through my jewelry pliers and my odd and beautiful pairings with other pieces. However, there are a few pieces I bring home that I just can't bear to cut up and tear apart. Those pieces are the one that are so uniquely perfect in their whole, the pieces that just scream, "Wear me, wear me right now!"

This triple strand confection of gorgeous cut amber-colored beads is one such example. When I picked it up from its glass case in the vintage shop, my hands felt its hefty weight, my eyes saw its beautiful sparkle, my neck ached to have it wrapped around it. Despite a few, and lovely, imperfections- rusted links in the back- it is meant to be worn like a how a star should be seen. Best of all, it hails from the wonderful Trifali company, vintage as you ever know it.


While organizing my vast amount of vintage jewelry used as supplies, I came across this little, big, necklace. At first, I was going to salvage it for its wonderful chains, but upon closer look, I realized it would be a tremendous mistake indeed. In its grand simplicity lies a chicness hard to find elsewhere. Thick, chunky chains, the very ones that never, ever go out of style. Large gold findings, declaring itself, "I am gold and beautiful." It would truly be a terrible error to unlink even a single chain on this glamourous piece.

Speaking of glamour, isn't that what this piece just says? This was another necklace destined for my jewelry pliers. The oval enameled pieces with the black and peach just called to me and I thought it would make a great accent to a bracelet and perhaps be the centerpieces for a pair of earrings. Then, a tiny, nagging voice in the back of my head said, "No, absolutely not." This was after I had gathered up the other three necklaces to reserve for the Caravane shop. I realized, this peachy gem had to join the group and remain intact. In it's vintage glory, so to say. It's also another Trifali piece, how could you say no to that?

So all in all, this was just a sneak peek into the burgeoning collection of vintage jewels we will soon list for sale at the Caravane. Love it? We certainly do. There's just no better quality found in vintage clothes and accessories, not to mention finding a style that is so truly, distinctly you.

Psst. That's a guarantee that you'll never see yourself walking towards you on the street in our pieces.

Happy Vintaging!

Beatrice

1 comment:

  1. I have the exact same pearl tie that my grandmother left me when she passed away. Absolutely amazing piece!!

    ReplyDelete