Sunday, April 4, 2010

Besties

Good morning and Happy Easter, Vintagers!

In true Nadia form, I spent the week having fun with my bestie Beatrice instead of updating you on our good times as promised (maybe I should just start calling her that...it has a nice ring, doesn't it? Bestie Beatrice! Bestie Beatrice!). But, at long last, here I am to tell you about my fabulous week with (Bestie) Beatrice.

Of course, we didn't start the week out with work. It is Spring Break, isn't it? I arrived in Ohio for my first hot, sunny day in ages - my first few days of break were spent in New York in the freezing rain. Having lived in New York for almost two years now, I've kind of fallen into the Manhattan bubble of thinking that nothing worth seeing exists outside my awesome city. But (Bestie) Beatrice definitely proved me wrong.

Beatrice took me to see this gorgeous little town near her home in Twinsburg. We scoped out some of the antique and vintage stores there, searching for "new" and exciting additions to La Caravane's collection. Although this trip didn't offer us any finds (you can't win 'em all), it was a great experience to explore this cute little town with all its boutiques. In this picture I'm wondering why they might call this place Chagrin Falls...oh, right.

After the falls, I convinced Beatrice to drop her sexy (albeit non-vintage) slingbacks for a pair of bowling shoes and we went skiing.

Just making sure you were paying attention ;) We went bowling.

The rest of the week was spent updating our Etsy shop, and adding a few new goodies to La Caravane for you to feast your eyes upon. Check out what we listed - and there's more coming soon, I promise!

Taking full advantage of the first sunny days of spring and the fact that for once we weren't two states apart, we decided to mix it up a little and take our pictures outside next to this gorgeous antique well that Beatrice happens to have in her backyard.


We definitely had a lot more fun taking pictures together. It was a good week :)


Be sure to check out our new listings on Etsy. Keep vintaging!


-Nadia

No comments:

Post a Comment